Thursday, April 19, 2012

Why Seattleites like to argue...

When I moved to Seattle, I was told a lot of things about the people.  One of the warnings I was given more frequently than others was that Seattleites love to argue...which is excellent, because I do too.

And when I moved to Seattle, I was astounded by how well versed and well informed a large population of the city (or at least the people I encountered) were regarding various topics; pollution, Puget sound, global warming, the G-20, fair trade verses free trade, so on and so forth.  And since I moved to Seattle, I've been under the distinct impression that Seattleites tend to be well educated or at least well informed and curious.

I was right.

According to Stats given by at seattle.gov (actual link here), the percentage of Seattlites with a BA or higher by age 25 is 56%, and the percentage of Seattlites who graduate from High School or achieve the equivalent of a high school diploma by age 25 is 95%.  These stats are the highest out of a total of 10 major US cities, including New York, Los Angeles, and Boston!

Go Seattle!

No comments:

Post a Comment