Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My Seattle: Ballard Salmon Ladder

I figured now was the time to give whoever might be reading this a small tour through Seattle from my view.  I just wish I'd taken more photos.














Above is one of the many buildings made at the Ballard Salmon ladder and botanical gardens.  I don't know the exact use of this building, but I do know it was  public works project and the architecture suggests 1930's or 20's.  It's almost entirely concrete.  The smaller building to the right (from our view) of the main building really caught my eye in that the windows on the sides were custom made curved glass.















These are some of the terraced hills near the lake.  They're popular with the kids (rolling down them), but they're pretty steep; I slid down one accidentally and nearly sprained an ankle.















The guy in the foreground is my ex, wearing the only clean shirt he had on that day (ironically), "Mr. Messy".  This is actually the seedling garden.  Very popular with the crows.















To get to the salmon bridge, you have to pass over the actual bridge and water-locks.  On the other side opposite the botanical garden, the first thing you see are these 6 tentical stainless steel art.  Again, popular with the kids.














...ok, maybe there are 7 tenticals...














The whole reason to go; my favorite fish in the whole wide world, the Coho Salmon, mighty proud, mightly strong, might large, and mighty tasty.  I named this one Gravalox...

No comments:

Post a Comment