Tuesday, April 24, 2012

My Seattle: Lincoln Park

 Lincoln Park, located in West Seattle (just catch the #54 bus, you'll stop right by it) is another example of Seattleites love for outdoor activities.  On any given day, regardless of rain, you'll see countless runners, walkers, joggers, mums with kids, doggie parents, and a ultimate frisbey competitors.  This is just one of the many lovely walks throughout the park...
 The prk is situated on something similar to a small penninsula.  This is one of the many views of the sound.  I wish I had a macrolense to better show you how this looked... 
Just another example of the view from Lincoln Park...
 ...another one...
I'm pretty sure this is a view of Alki beach from the park...
 If you're not scared of squirrles, you'll learn to fear them once you get to Lincoln Park...the squirrles will climb up your leg to get to whatever you'll offer them...
this is actually a photo of the only wading pool in all of Seattle.  During the summer of '09 I tried to find a pool I could go to and the only one was the one at Lincoln Park, which had severly limited hours.  This wading pool, which was never open during that time, was all of 6 inches deep...









I wish, again, I'd taken more photos.  I wish even more I had an appropriate lense and filter system for my camera to show these images correctly. 

Anyway, if you ever get the chance to visit Lincoln Park, you'd be wise to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment