Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Oh this is just sad

http://www.peta.org/mediacenter/news-releases/PETA-Names-Seattle-One-of-the-Most-Vegetarian--and-Vegan-Friendly-Cities.aspx

According to this report (by PETA), "PETA Names Seattle One of the Most Vegetarian- and Vegan-Friendly Cities"

Granted, I knew a lot more vegans and vegetarians in Seattle than I know here in CA.  And if PETA was talking about sheer population, I'd be inclined to agree.

But anyone who has tried to go Vegan/Vegetarian in Seattle and eat out regularly knows how hard it can be, especially if you're vegan.  Now, what's nice is that a couple of the Vietnamese restaurants I went to (Green Leaf, Lemon Grass) and my personal favorite Anapurna all had vegan/vegetarian options, and Indian/Ethiopian restaurants tend to have a vegetarian splatter you can order.  But no one wants to eat Indian, ethiopian, and vietnamese exclusivly for the rest of their life (well...).

I remember going out randomly into Seattle to find a new restaurant with my ex and eat, and we had to skip several because the only vegetarian options any of them had was a salad, hold the beef. 

This article leads me to two possible conclusions; either PETA didn't do their homework on Seattle, or the US is really lagging behind in the vegetarian culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment