Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My Seattle: Danny Woo Gardens

 Here's more of my Seattle, featuring the largest P-patch in Seattle that I'm aware of, the Danny Woo Gardens.  As you can see to the left, there are regular tours of the gardens, which have existed since 1975.
 This central piece to the top of the gardens is called the Kobe Terrace Lantern, as the top section is called Kobe Terrace (I didn't know that...a year and a half next to the damn thing and I never knew that)...
This is my favorite view from the gardens.  Its towards the top, where there is a gentle split in the road.  Take the one farthest to the right and you'll come across  this little wooden ladder-bridge.  Take some time to take in the view.
This photo to the right is of the entrance to the little wooden bridge-ladder thing I mentioned above.  The section in the forefront is the entrance.
Some of the allotments.  If you enter the gardens from the bottom, and feel adventurous, try to stick as far to the right of the gardens as possible; they're not as well maintained and typically you'll find allotments that haven't been tended for years or you'll find the remains of a homeless camp. 
 Just thought these flowers were pretty...

This was the part that brought out the squeamish, vegetarian, animal-loving nerd out of me.  Chickens.  They're found in a tiny little coop at the bottom of the hill.

Most of the chickens are adopted as chicks.  Here they are!
Hey!  More Chickens!

No comments:

Post a Comment