Saturday, April 14, 2012

Loving Hut, Seattle


Yes, this is Vegan.  And it's probably DAMN good.  Photo from here.


It might be gathered by now that I'm vegetarian, and am rather fond of the Vegan/Vegetarian lifestyle.  So when I heard of Loving Hut in Seattle, I instantly assumed it would be everything I loved.

It was...an experience I didn't repeat on purpose.

First and foremost, the location was ok-ish; its in the middle of the back-section of the International District, and if you try to drive to it, you're going to pass it at least once.  Which is ok.  You might want to keep going.

Second, the food was pretty bad.  The Flavor was excellent...if it was thoroughly cooked and not cold in the center (Microwave, anyone?).  And the advertisement of "buy lunch, get free dessert" was not a bandaid on the wound of terrible food.

But, thirdly, and by far and away the most facinating and nauseating aspect of the whole thing, was the TV in the back playing a specific religious-propoganda channel. 

I wish I could quote verbatum some of the things the TV said, but if you've ever seen the episode of "The Simpsons" where the cult members are thanking The Leader for this glorious day...it was something along those lines.  I'm under the impression that the main center of worship is centered in Australia (based off of the accents on the TV), it's based off of the life, poetry, and teachings of someone from either Korea, Japan, or China (again, could be wrong), and that while a very peaceful faith, it's also a little creepy from the exposure on the TV.

I would love to know more about the faith mentioned there, so feel free to email me information on it or comment on it or something.

Loving Hut has locations in California as well, I think Fullerton of Costa Mesa included, and other people have had excellent culinary and cultural experiences at their local Loving Huts.  But that's them, and this is my blog.  (grrrrrrr....)

Anywho, Loving Hut...in my opinion, worth driving past.

No comments:

Post a Comment