Friday, April 13, 2012

Setting the scene straight...


photo from here.  And yes, I have a small amount of shame for my love of Totoro.


OK, I know the stereotype: Seattle is always raining.  And when I first visited and moved there, I anticipated many a-rainy walks home.

But it's a huge misconception; just ask a Seattlite,

You can find more information from here.  In fact, I'm ripping off most of my information from the previous site and the Wikipedia page on Seattle.

The fact is Seattle only recieved about 38 inches of rain a year.  Thats less than New York (47 IPY), Atlanta (50 IPY), Jacksonville FL (51 IPY), and New Orleans (64 IPY). 

The difference, if you ask any Seattleite, isn't how much rain, but how it's distributed.  Where as NY may have rain for 100 out of 365 days, Seattle will recieve a light drizzle for about 200 days a year, and then real rain on the occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment